Then you’ll want a decent milk frother for your espresso machine to get that perfect, creamy head of frothy milk that’s the mark of a good cup of cappuccino.
Unfortunately, it’s not as easy as going to the gadget aisle in the grocery store. It might seem like a simple device but finding the best milk frother takes a bit of research.
Don’t worry — we’ve done the hard work for you.
Our list is chock-full of the top milk frothers available on the market today — from manual models to electronic marvels.
Let’s begin with how we chose the best-performing models.
How We Found the Best Milk Frother — the Hard Way
There are dozens of milk frothers out there among the four basic types:
The handheld electric frothers are the cheapest, but they had the hardest time delivering a suitably frothy product.
Handheld battery-operated ones had the same problem, with the added problem of having to worry about batteries running out of power.
However, they are portable, and that’s a plus if you want to make some cappuccino on the go.
Plus, if you don’t get really technical about the texture and characteristics of your foam, these will do a fine job.
The most expensive — and most reliable — are the stationary electric milk frothers.
These milk frothers plug into an outlet near your coffee maker, where they can be accessed easily. Their only drawback has been expense, which can be considerable.
Plus, they definitely aren’t very portable, so you’ll be limited on where you can use them.
Some of the best for your money — and for performance — have been inexpensive, manual models, some of which are very budget-friendly.
The drawback to these is that you’ll have to take the extra step of heating the milk after it’s been frothed. That does give you more control over milk temperature, but it also adds an extra step to your process.
But don’t worry, we’ve included a few each of these models so you’ll be able to find the best milk frother to fit your budget — and your lifestyle.
The Top 10 Milk Frothers
Are you ready to make delicious, creamy foam for your next cup of coffee? Then let’s get you paired up with the best milk frother for your needs.
Read on to see which of the 10 models on our list best matches what you’re looking for.
- Get Creamy Froth Quickly: PowerLix brings you its portable handheld milk frother for frothed milk. If you love your...
- Battery Operated For Perfect Froth in no Time: The mixer is battery powered so you don't have to worry about cords and...
- Quality You Can Trust: Our milk whisk frappe maker is made of the best quality stainless steel. It has a powerful motor...
Rating: 5 stars
This handheld frother is battery-operated, so you can take it with you with ease. But it’s unique in that it also comes with its own stand, so it fits on your counter for easy access.
No more digging through your drawers to find the frother. Just take it off the stand and in 15 to 20 seconds, you’ll have rich, creamy foam for your favorite drink.
This simple little tool is quality-crafted from stainless steel for durability. The motor is no slouch either, whirring along at 19000 rpms.
The spiral whisk has a dual spring and is made of food-grade 18/10 stainless steel for professional results. It’s also got a very quiet motor, so your morning frothing activities won’t wake the whole household.
Ergonomically sound with a soft-touch handle and a power button located on the top for ease of use, this sturdy device will give you years of practical use.
It works with hot or cold liquids, so you can use it to make milkshakes and smoothies, as well as foam for your favorite cup of java.
No products found.
No products found.
Rating: 5 stars
Looking for the best milk frother in the electric category? This Breville might just be your favorite.
With a gorgeous, stainless steel design, this frother is a great addition to any home coffee bar.
One of the most outstanding features of this device is you can customize your foam, including temperature, foam type, and foam amount.
The easy-to-read circular dial allows you to set temperatures anywhere from 160 degrees down to ice cold.
To create foam, a magnetized disk spins rapidly while the milk is warmed through induction heating.
And it makes enough for a crowd — at full capacity, this milk frother makes enough foam for three large cups of hot chocolate or coffee.
The beautifully designed jug is a breeze to clean, as it removes easily from the base and is sturdy enough to withstand dishwasher washing.
- 2 types of hot foam, hot milk and cold foam, the Aeroccino4 offers you a wide choice to prepare even more coffee and...
- Dishwasher proof (Max 70° C)
- One single whisk for all preparations
Rating: 5 stars
Nespresso is well known for its espresso machines and other coffee-related gadgetry, but if you just need a milk frother, the Aeroccino4 will do the trick.
It’s a bit on the pricey side, but it does produce billows of creamy, thick foam for your favorite hot — or cold — beverage.
You read that right — the Aeroccino4 also makes cold foam if you prefer. It uses induction heat, just like the pricier Breville, to help its integrated magnetic disk make foam.
A step up from the Aeroccino3, this redesigned machine comes with a durable stainless-steel body and a handle for easy pouring.
Using it couldn’t be easier, just add milk, push the button, and wait for your foam to be created in a matter of minutes. The machine shuts off automatically when you’re done, for safety.
- ☕ ENJOY A TASTE OF LUXURY MILK FROTHER AND STEAMER EVERY DAY – That rich, foamy, creamy milk on top of your coffee...
- ☕ LARGE CAPACITY MILK JUG, ENOUGH FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY OR GROUP – This Cappuccino machine comes with a 700ml milk...
- ☕ TWO MILK FROTHING OPTIONS, SMOOTH OR SERRATED – The Souvia Automatic Milk Frother and Steamer Includes 2 different...
Rating: 5 stars
This is a luxury buy, but it’s every bit as good as some of the machines twice its price.
This device comes equipped with a 3-cup capacity carafe to make foam for a large family or for entertaining.
The carafe features a stainless-steel spout that pour without splashing for less mess.
Best of all, you have a choice of frothing options. A serrated disk gives you a dense, cream-like froth, while the latte disk offers a smoother froth filled with micro-bubbles for the perfect top to your latte.
Working through induction heating, the Souvia gives you control over the temperature of your foam — from ice cold to piping hot. And any type of milk can be foamed to perfection — soy, coconut, rice, oat, or even skimmed milk.
We feel that for a top-of-the-line frother, the price is nice.
- Milk frother manual milk frother creates an airy foam in less that 30 seconds for a Cafe style Coffee you will love from...
- Glass carafe made of durable heat-resistant borosilicate glass Warm milk in the microwave after frothing
- Quick and easy beat the milk by moving plunger frother up and down about 60-90 times or until you feel milk getting...
Rating: 5 stars
The is, by far, the best milk frother for those who prefer the manual method.
In less than 30 seconds, you can create a consistent, airy foam to top any of your favorite coffee beverages.
The heat-resistant borosilicate glass body gives it extra durability and allows you to warm your milk easily in the microwave once you’ve frothed it.
The simple-to-use design simply requires pumping the plunger up and down until you get the right consistency — about 60 to 90 pumps should do it.
This compact frother can handle up to a full cup of milk and can be easily popped into the dishwasher after use.
What could be easier?
- Hot, Warm, or Cold Milk: Refresh yourself with your choice of cold, warm, or hot milk so you can make cappuccinos,...
- Note: Please use milk less than 115ml/3.9oz for frothing (not go over the first (lowest) maximum line), 240ml/8.1oz for...
- Extra Whisks for More Froth: Comes with an additional set of whisks for frothy-goodness to delight the entire family
Rating: 5 stars
Not just a frother, the VAVA can also heat milk for delicious warm drinks like hot cocoa, or to make macchiatos, flat whites, and more.
This stainless-steel electric machine features a non-stick interior for easy clean-up and an extra set of whisks for even more froth.
It’s nearly silent when operating, and it has a state-of-the-art Strix temperature control for increased safety.
An ergonomic spout is angled for easy pouring and reduced spillage and the interior features markings to indicate the perfect amount of milk for frothing.
This machine will give you years of rich, foamy froth. The only drawback is that the manufacturer recommends using only whole milk in the machine.
- HIC’s Milk Frother creates a frothy rich foam for topping delectable hot or cold beverages in 60 seconds or less,...
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel and nylon; lid had built-in double-mesh aerator and easy-grip handle; durable and...
- Measure milk into pitcher, place plunger inside and secure the lid, pump handle up and down, about 30-60 seconds, until...
Rating: 4.5 stars
Unlike electric milk frothers that are not only expensive, but hard to clean, the HIC frother is a breeze to care for.
All you do is wash the stainless-steel body with soap and water. The lid and double-mesh aerator are easy to access and clean as well and, if you wish, you can put the whole thing in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Its large, 14-ounce capacity makes enough frothed milk for several cups of your favorite drink and without a need for batteries or electricity, this little frother can operate anywhere.
Just pour your milk into the body and pump the handle for about a minute, or until you get the results you desire.
Remember, you’ll have to heat your milk afterwards, so plan ahead.
- Perfect Milk Frothing - High speed rotation of food safe stainless-steel whisk and BPA free shaft, this handheld milk...
- Ergonomic & Portable Design - Lightweight hand milk frother with an ergonomic handle makes frothing and creating...
- Classic Never Outdate Style: Bonsenkitchen coffee milk mixer is styled in sliver and black color perfectly fit with any...
Rating: 4.5 stars
Another battery-powered entry to our list, the Bonsenkitchen is perfect for coffee-on-the-go.
The body is stainless still and the whisk is made from food-grade material that can be easily cleaned with just soap and water.
It takes just 2 AA batteries and they’re included — an unusual touch in today’s market.
All you need to do to create nice froth is to fill a container with milk below 60℃, press the simple one-button control, and let the Bonsenkitchen do its job.
Reviewers were impressed, but some negative reviews reflected problems with product quality.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Another manual frother, the Ninja Easy Frother has been designed with a special press that produces a professional rich, creamy froth for your favorite coffee drink.
You can froth either hot or cold milk, and the glass container is BPA-free and microwave-safe for added convenience.
Just froth your milk and heat it in the microwave to the perfect temperature afterwards.
Reviewers like this model overall, but many of the negative reviews pointed to easily broken plastic seals and breakage of the main glass body. Still, over 500 people give it a 4.4 rating on Amazon.
We feel like that’s a bit conservative given the number of comments regarding quality, so we lowered our rating to reflect the product’s fragility.
- Handheld Design: A soft-touch ergonomic handle, a long plastic cylinder cover, easy for storage
- Rechargeable: Built-in battery, the power lasts long, can be used wire free, emits lower sound, very convenient for egg...
- Easy to clean: Wash the blender under warm running water or dip it in washing agent. Wash it again, then dry in the air
Rating: 4 stars
Tops in the handheld electric category is this unique rechargeable model with a sleek, ergonomic design.
The wide base makes it stable on your countertop and a plastic cover protects the wand for storage, safety, and hygiene.
To clean, just run under warm water and set aside to dry. Operation is quiet, and the battery is built-in, so you don’t have to worry about tangled cords while you use it.
It’s rechargeable, which is pretty unique, and the cable is provided for electric charging when the device’s battery runs low.
This portable frother is great for travel, camping, and blending on the go.
Reviews show that while some rate its performance highly, others have experienced breakage within a short time from purchase, which seems to be the only drawback.
Electric, Manual, Battery-Operated — Choose Your Best Milk Frother
You’ve got all the information you need to make an intelligent choice of milk frothers for your home coffee bar, your office, on even to take with you camping or on travel.
We’ve included all types of frothers in our count-down so you have a choice of machines that can match your budget and lifestyle.
You can make workable foam the spartan way with a manual or battery-operated model or splurge on one of the high-end countertop electric models.
Whichever you choose, you can be sure you’re getting a product that will give you a reliably rich, frothy foam experience for your next cup of coffee — from macchiatos to cappuccinos.
Last update on 2021-03-06 at 00:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API